Thursday 9 April 2015

WHO IS RAPINDADY?


For the past three years or thereabout in the city of Ibadan, the Oyo state capital, the story of a young funny man have been on the lips of most people especially those who are good fans of comedy. He is Mc Rapindady. i was opportuned to meet him last week at his residence in Ibadan and so I seized the opportunity to ask him a few questions.

HOUSE OF VERA: Good day sir

RAPINDADY: Good day ma'am

HOUSE OF VERA: We have heard so much about
Rapindady in the past few years, can you tell us more about who you are?

RAPINDADY: first of all let me thank you for this opportunity you have given me (smiles). My name is Jolomi Rapheal Oluwafemi popularly known as Mc Rapindady, I hail from Ilaje local government in Ondo state, I am a graduate of Electrical/Electronics Engineering from the Federal Polytechnic Ado Ekiti 2011, presently I am full time Entertainer (I sing, I dance, I act but Comedy made me much popular). what else? I think that's cool for now.

HOUSE OF VERA: Considering how far you have moved up the ladder judging by the few years you have spent in the entertainment industry, I will like to ask about how you made it work?


RAPINDADY: I did not make anything work, God did. because I told Him I was coming to settle in Ibadan, I seeked his permission before coming. I am not there Yet, am still growing, I believe He will take me bigger.

HOUSE OF VERA: What are your fears or challenges?

RAPINDADY: Failure. I fear failure more than anything on earth. so thats why I always try to b at my best anytime
because I was born to a family where u don't get much credit for success, but u will be punished greatly if u fail (smiles). That mentality have been a driving force for me for a long time.

HOUSE OF VERA: most entertainers (comedians inclusive) get a huge profile with what they have achieved, the shows they own, etc. can you please share yours with us.

RAPINDADY: hmmmm... I have done so many events, ranging from weddings (low class and high class), student shows, concerts, churches, parties,i have hosted personal shows too so much that I have even lost counts but let me share the ones I can remember. let me start with my shows 'Happy Moments with Mc Rapindady' a popular monthly comedy show at Options 247 Ibadan between 2012 and 2013, 'OYO corpers Mega POP party' every four months, My major comedy concert tagged 'The Spartacus Comedy Show' season 1, 2 and currently about to do the season3. which is been tipped as the best home made comedy show in Ibadan..

I have done comedy skits namely; rapindady and the soldiers wife, Lie Vs Lie, The Charm, Bad Boy and The weed which would b released this April.

I have done music too....I did laughter crusade Volume 1 (feb1st, 2014) and Volume 2 which would be out on my birthday May 23rd

and my best Music piece so far is the love song I dropped on the first of January 2015 titled 'CHIAMAKA' . Each time I chip in this song at the shows I anchor, I feel fulfilled with the kind of response I get from my audience.

with the help of God I will still do more.

HOUSE OF VERA: tell us about your relationship life

RAPINDADY: its complicated, sorry I don't wanna talk about it here.

HOUSE OF VERA: Who is your role model?

RAPINDADY: AY comedian, I choose him because I have a similar talent like him(singing, acting, talking and dancing) and I know I can always look up to him because he does his thing well and combines his various gifts well too.

HOUSE OF VERA: When and where is your Next show coming up? tell us about it

RAPINDADY: May 3rd 2015, at Le Château Event centre Bodija Ibadan. time is 2pm and the gate fee is N1000 for singles and N1500 for couples
enquiries 07031373320 or 52F9F272

HOUSE OF VERA: How do u finance your shows?

RAPINDADY: Only God knows that secret, I don't know either, because multinational companies in Nigeria don't believe in upcoming acts so we hardly get sponsorship from them, for someone like me, I don't care, one day they will see our hustle from afar and will beg us for a hand.

HOUSE OF VERA: At this point, what is your advice for those that are coming up behind you, I mean comedians and entertainers

RAPINDADY: I will advice them to stay focused, take your time to learn and study the trade well before you jump into it, many people want to do music, comedy or dance because some people are doing well in it not knowing the PRICE and SACRIFICE they put in the hussle. and above all do not lobby for stage if u want to last......it is better you don't climb some prestigious stage today so that you can climb on it tomorrow other than you forcing your way in today to be thrown out tomorrow

HOUSE OF VERA: hmmmm I think you have made my day. thanks for your time...

RAPINDADY: My pleasure


MC Rapindady
Phone 07031373320
IG @rapindady
Twitter @rapindady
Facebook: Mc Rapindady Jolomi
BBM 52F9F272

No comments: